With the growth of online payments and apps, how can you better protect yourself against phishing scams and other fraudulent activities?
Here are some tips to safeguard yourself online.
- Take care when accessing links and attachments sent through emails / SMS / websites you may not be familiar with. Such links and attachments may direct you to phishing pages or install malware on your device without your permission
- Don't reply or click on any links within unsolicited emails / SMSes
- Don't disclose your credit card details or OTPs to unknown websites or sources
- If you receive an odd or suspicious message, always verify the authenticity of that message with the official websites or channels
- Remember: Syfe will never ask you for your OTP or Syfe login password through SMS / Whatsapp / emails / phone calls
- Avoid entering your Syfe password or OTP in non-Syfe URLs or apps
- Always make sure you are on Syfe's official website or Syfe's official mobile application
- Always go to our website by typing www.syfe.com to ensure you are reaching our official website
- Don't accept any unauthorised requests or provide OTP approvals coming to your Syfe account unless you initiated the request yourself
- Always ensure that you are communicating directly with official Syfe accounts
- Verify that the sender's email address is email@example.com
- When communicating with us through social media, ensure that you are on our official Facebook page or official Instagram account
If you suspect you're a victim of a phishing scam or fraud, contact us immediately