With Syfe Trade, you pay a flat fee for each trade, regardless of the transaction amount. For example, the cost to buy 10,000 shares of the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) is the same as the cost to buy 1 share of SPY.
With Syfe Select Custom, your fee depends on your portfolio value and ranges between 0.35% - 0.65% per year. For example, with a $10,000 investment in your portfolio, your monthly fee is SGD$5.42.
Choice of ETFs
At the moment, you can only buy and sell US-listed stocks and ETFs on Syfe Trade.
Syfe Select Custom offers a broader range of ETFs such as those domiciled in Ireland e.g. iShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETF (CSPX). UCITS ETFs offer certain withholding tax advantages compared to their US-listed counterparts.
Syfe Trade is a self-directed brokerage platform. To make an investment, you need to execute your own trades. Dividends are also not reinvested for you; they are credited directly to your Syfe Trade account.
Syfe Select Custom is an automated, fully-managed portfolio that helps you manage your investments:
- There's no need to execute your own trades as Syfe will do the investing for you once you've transferred funds
- Dividends are automatically reinvested, free of charge
- You can include up to 8 ETFs in one Syfe Select Custom portfolio and determine your asset allocation
- You can set up a recurring transfer to your Syfe Select Custom portfolio for regular investing. If you've added 8 ETFs to your portfolio, you'll be able to invest in all of them at once
- With Syfe Select Custom, you get access to Syfe's wealth experts