For individuals to attain Accredited Investor status, they have to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Net financial assets (e.g. bank deposits or investments held with other financial institutions) exceeding SGD 1 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency) in value;
- Net personal assets exceeding SGD 2 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency) in value, of which the net value of the investor’s primary place of residence can only contribute up to SGD 1 million; or
- Income in the preceding 12 months is not less than SGD 300,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency).
Examples of Personal Assets
1. For Property
a) Title deeds free of encumbrances*
b) Latest housing loan statement
*Take note that an individual’s Primary Residence less any outstanding amounts shall not account for more than $1m (or its equivalent in a foreign currency)
2. Latest statement from the Central Depository (Pte) Ltd (CDP) showing net personal assets
3. Latest statement from brokerage houses showing net personal assets
4. Latest bank statement
5. Latest Digital Assets statement ( ie, Cryptocurrency holdings), assets will be valued on a case-by-case basis.
To opt in as an Accredited Investor, kindly schedule a call with our dedicated team of wealth experts here or write to us at email@example.com. For existing clients, please go to your account settings and click on the ‘Opt-In’ button for Accredited Investor.