How can we help you invest better?
With the growth of online payments and apps, how can you better protect yourself against phishing scams and other fraudulent activities?
Here are some tips to safeguard yourself online.
- Take care when accessing links and attachments sent through emails / SMS / websites you may not be familiar with. Such links and attachments may direct you to phishing pages or install malware on your device without your permission
- Don't reply or click on any links within unsolicited emails / SMSes
- Don't disclose your credit card details or OTPs to unknown websites or sources
- If you receive an odd or suspicious message, always verify the authenticity of that message with the official websites or channels
- Remember: Syfe will never ask you for your OTP or Syfe login password through SMS / Whatsapp / emails / phone calls
- Avoid entering your Syfe password or OTP in non-Syfe URLs or apps
- Always make sure you are on Syfe's official website or Syfe's official mobile application
- Always go to our website by typing www.syfe.com to ensure you are reaching our official website
- Don't accept any unauthorised requests or provide OTP approvals coming to your Syfe account unless you initiated the request yourself
- Always ensure that you are communicating directly with official Syfe accounts
- Verify that the sender's email address is email@example.com
- When communicating with us through social media, ensure that you are on our official Facebook page or official Instagram account
If you suspect you're a victim of a phishing scam or fraud, contact us immediately
Please kindly submit your account closure request on the Syfe App under Account Information > Personal Details > Close Account and follow the steps accordingly.
Kindly note that accounts with positions or cash balances cannot be closed. Before closing your account:
- For Wealth accounts, ensure that your Wealth portfolios are fully redeemed.
- For Trade accounts, ensure that your holdings are fully liquidated, and pending trade orders have been cancelled.
- Ensure that all cash balances have been fully withdrawn, and that you are not expecting to receive any dividends, interest, or other sums in your account.
- Ensure that any instructions for recurring deposits of funds into your Syfe account have been cancelled.
- Ensure that all charges, fees, costs, and/or expenses payable by you to us and/or our partners have been paid.
If any of the above conditions are not fulfilled, we reserve the right not to proceed with the closure of your account.
You acknowledge that your funds may be lost, or we may charge an administrative fee, to process any refund to you (such as may arise from dividends received, standing instructions for recurring deposits, etc.) after your account has been closed.
After 90 days from the confirmation of your instructions to close your account, and provided that the above conditions are fulfilled and you have not withdrawn your account closure request, your account will be closed with the following consequences:
- You will no longer be able to access your Syfe account (whether in relation to Syfe Wealth, Syfe Trade, or both), or to use our services.
- The contractual relationship between you and Syfe pursuant to the client agreement is terminated.
- You will not be able to retrieve any account information such as account statements after closure.
- Due to Syfe’s various regulatory compliance and contractual obligations (such as those in relation to prevention of money laundering and countering of terrorism financing), information relating to your account and activities associated with it (“Account Information”) will remain retained by Syfe. However, your account closure will be treated by us as a withdrawal by you of consent to any further collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data, subject to any applicable law.
- You will no longer receive any communications from Syfe. However, Syfe reserves the right to contact you where necessary (such as to return any cash balances, dividends, etc. belonging to you).
Any withdrawal of your account closure request has to be communicated to us within 90 days from the confirmation of your instructions to proceed with the closure of your account. After 90 days, your instructions will be irrevocable and irreversible.
If you wish to use Syfe’s services again after your account is closed, you will need to go through the account opening process afresh.
For more information, kindly refer to our Account Closure Notice.View more
Your personal data is encrypted and stored in a secure data center hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS) – the service provider of choice for leading global banks. Syfe further implements Two-factor Authentication to protect against unauthorized account logins or password hacking.View more
- Always use strong passwords - with at least 1 letter (uppercase and lowercase), 1 number, 1 symbol, and at least 8 characters in length
- Passwords should not be guessable information such as user-id, personal telephone number, birthday, or other personal information
- Change your passwords regularly
- Never share your passwords with anyone, not even us! We will never ask you for your login credentials over any form of communication (email/phone/text). So if somebody asks, it’s not us, don’t give it to them!
- Avoid using the browser option for storing your username and password
- When visiting the Syfe website, check the Syfe URL, it should always end with “syfe.com”
- When visiting the Syfe website, check that the address bar changes from ‘http://’ to ‘https://’ and a security icon that looks like a lock or key appears
- Never give anyone your OTP, it is only for you
- Ensure that all operating systems and software like your firewall and antivirus are up to date. Security updates are rolled out periodically so it’s a good way to stay protected
- Regularly scan your systems for malicious files that might have been downloaded
- Backup your important files and data regularly
- Avoid using public wifi without a VPN
- Be aware of phishing scams
- If you see something that’s too good to be true, it probably is. Always verify your source of information
- Remove file and printer sharing on internet-connected computers
- Make sure you log out from your Syfe dashboard after use, especially on a shared computer
- Do not access your Syfe dashboard on a public device (e.g. Cyber Cafe, University Computers)
- Consider the use of encryption technology to protect highly sensitive or confidential information
- Do not install software or run programs of unknown origin
- Delete junk or chain emails
- Never open any suspicious email attachments. i.e. attachments ending with ‘.exe’
- Do not disclose personal, financial, or credit card information to little-known or suspect websites
- Do not use a computer or a device that cannot be trusted
Under MAS regulations, Syfe is required to perform customer due diligence (CDD). This is a collection of processes used to identify you, verify your identity, and monitor your activities throughout the customer lifecycle journey.
When you sign up with us, we collect your identification details and verify your identity either digitally or through other means such as proof of identity and proof of address documents.
During the customer lifecycle journey, we also need to ensure that the information and documentation we have are up-to-date. We monitor your activities through periodic reviews to ensure they comply with applicable laws and regulations. We may reach out to you from time to time to obtain more information and/or documents as part of this process.